Please use this tracker to let the NCGOP know what events are being held in your county. This will allow us to monitor activity and share it to the NCGOP website.
Practice good hygiene:
- Stop handshaking -- use other non contact methods of greeting
- Clean hands at the door and at regular intervals
- Create habits and reminders to avoid touching their faces and cover coughs and sneezes
- Disinfect surfaces like doorknobs, tables, desks, and handrails regularly
- Increase ventilation by opening windows or adjusting air conditioning
Be careful with meetings and travel:
- Use video conferencing for meetings when possible
- When not possible, hold meetings in open, well-ventilated spaces
- Consider adjusting or postponing large meetings or gatherings
- Assess the risks of business travel
Handle food carefully:
Stay home if:
- You’re feeling sick
- If a family member is sick at home
For further resources, please click this link to go to the CDC’s website.
- The safety, security, and health of the American people remains the President’s top priority.
- President Trump is leading the “most aggressive and comprehensive effort to stop the spread of a foreign virus in modern history.”
- The European Union failed to take the same bold precautions as the United States therefore, the President announced all travel from Europe top the United States will be suspended for 30 days beginning on Friday.
- The United Kingdom will be exempt from this restriction.
- Each country’s travel restriction will be evaluated by the administration based on the actions they take to stop the spread.
- The White House Task Force has remained in constant communication with world, federal, state, and local officials to slow the spread.
- There are no underlying issues with the economy, and this is not a financial crisis. The President announced the following support to provide additional relief.
- The President announced he will be taking unprecedented emergency action to provide financial relief for workers who are ill, quarantined, or caring for others. The president said he will call on Congress to extend this relief.
- The SBA has been instructed to exercise the available authority to provide capital and liquidity to firms affected by the coronavirus.
- To help small businesses overcome temporary economic disruptions, the SBA will begin providing Economic Loans in affected states and territories.
- The President has called on Congress to increase this funding by $50 billion.
- The Treasury Department was instructed to defer tax payments, without interest or penalty, for businesses and individuals who have been affected.
- This will add more than $200 billion to the economy.
- President Trump also called on Congress to provide immediate payroll tax relief.
- Testing capabilities are expanding day by day. President Trump and the White House Task Force are continuing to meet with industry leaders.
- President Trump and the White House Task Force have been praised for their bold response efforts.
- Even California Governor Gavin Newsom has praised the President's response efforts.
- This is not a time for partisanship. Both parties should unite and work with President Trump to slow the spread of the Coronavirus.
- Please visit coronavirus.gov to see ways to keep you, your family, and your community safe.