After many discussions today with both the NCGOP and RNC, we will not have our county convention on Saturday, March 14, 2020 due to the COVID-19.
Here is what we know:
- Several County Chairmen are contemplating cancelling their County Conventions due to the rapidly changing situation caused by the COVID-19.
- As of this morning, two cases have been presumed positive in Forsyth County, it is unknown if they have been in contact with anyone else.
- At the recommendations received from federal, state and local government officials, we are taking into account the necessary precautions.
- As recommended by both the NCGOP and RNC, we will convene via a virtual or telephonic meeting open to all convention attendees. This method of communication will still allow us to ratify the slate of delegates for the District and State Conventions.
- You will continue to receive updates as more information becomes readily available.
While this unprecedented situation demands vigilance and caution, we appreciate your patience as we finalize details of the convention.