NC made #2 in the Nation for most engaged state parties! Thank you for all of your hard work on the ground and at the local level.
- President Trump and the White House Coronavirus Task Force are leading an unprecedented, comprehensive, and aggressive whole of America approach to slow the spread of the virus. This response started in January. Recent actions taken:
- The President is extending the White House and CDC guidelines to slow the spread until April 30.
- Over the weekend, President Trump said the USNS Comfort off to New York where it will serve as an emergency hospital.
- President Trump and Congress delivered a much-needed coronavirus relief package that was signed into law onFriday.
- The bipartisan package provides direct assistance and will help stabilize the economy.
- The Trump administration began a new public awareness campaign to promote emotional wellbeing during the coronavirus pandemic, especially for our veterans. The campaign is part of the President’s Roadmap to Empower Veterans and End Veteran Suicide (PREVENTS) initiative which was started in 2019.
- President Trump signed an Executive Order providing HHW and DHS with the full authorities available under the Defense Production Act to respond to this outbreak.
- The President acted under the Defense Production Act to compel General Motors to accept, perform, and prioritize Federal contracts for ventilators.
- Working with the White House Coronavirus Task Force and the CDC, Apple developed a new website and app that will provide a screening tool for individuals with coronavirus symptoms.
- Private sector partners across the country have stepped up to produce much needed personal protective equipment (PPE), hand sanitizer, ventilators, respirators, and additional supplies. Ford Motor Company, Fiat Chrysler, Pernod Ricard, Hanes, Walmart, Apple, Ralph Lauren, 3M, HP, MyPillow, Anheuser-Busch, Facebook, and Carnival Cruise Lines are just some of the many private sector partners who are helping.
- Americans are approving of the President’s response efforts:
- A Gallup poll showed 60% approve of the President’s response to the coronavirus. The Gallup poll also showed an increase in the President’s approval rating for independents and Democrats.
CNN’s Poll of Polls has the President at the highest approval of his presidency.
- An ABC/WaPo poll showed 66% of people expressed confidence in the Federal Government’s ability to handle the outbreak.
- The Real Clear Politics Average of the president’s approval hit an all-time high.
- The White House Coronavirus Task Force remains in constant communication with the world, Federal, State, and Local officials. The public and media continue to be informed through press conferences and interviews.